For over two decades Mike Hill has been traversing the terrain of extreme music, renegade journalism and end-times documentarianism. Tombs. Everything Went Black Podcast. Necromaniacs Podcast. Savage Gold Coffee.
For over two decades Mike Hill has been a road warrior traversing the challenging terrain of extreme music, renegade journalism and end times documentarianism.
Hill is known for fronting the metal band Tombs, who have released records on Metal Blade and Relapse Records, with 2011's Path of Totality getting the tap for Decibel Magazine's Record of the Year. The band has toured extensively and have performed at notable festivals such as Roadburn, Maryland Death Fest, Roskilde Festival, Ieper Fest and most recently Ozzfest Meets Knotfest.
Hill is also a DJ at Gimme Radio, a streaming metal channel curated by notable artists in the genre, including Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, Lamb of God's Randy Blythe and Dillinger Escape Plan's Ben Weinman.
The Everything Went Black Podcast is a reflection of Mike Hill’s own psyche addressing the creative, intellectual and physical aspects of the human experience. For those out there that choose to live apart from flock, who embrace individuality, Everything Went Black should be a regular part of your world. The complexity of modern man is oft time under-served and under-estimated. As Miyamoto Musashi wrote “to know the way broadly, is to see it in all things”. Why not embrace all aspects of life and celebrate the Savage Life of a self-realized individual?
Below is a list of the constantly evolving shows that you will find here:
- Everything Went Black features guests ranging from metal and hardcore musicians to writers, martial artists and other free-thinkers.
- Topic co-hosted by fellow musician Randy Larsen (ex Cable, current Tombs), offers a deep analysis of music-related subjects such as Amphetamine Reptile Records and the post-Black Flag career of Henry Rollins. Each episode is accompanied by a playlist and supplemental material.
- Man on the Silver Mountain features Hill, alone with a microphone, covering current events and news items in addition to his personal musings. It is also a QA forum where he answers listener questions.
- Black Coffee Fight Club is focused on combat sports. Long-time friend and fellow-musician Andrew Hernandez is featured as a partner offering interesting analysis and commentary.
- Necromaniacs is co-hosted by musician Mike Scondotto. Together they delve deep into the macabre world of horror films, comics and artwork.
Savage Gold Coffee is a personal commitment to great coffee. In addition top-quality coffee and other products, the company acts as a platform for his relentless philosophy on self-improvement and actualization.